BlueCross BlueShield Dentist – Massapequa Park, NY
Maximizing Your BCBS Dental Benefits
The team at South Shore Dental Care is dedicated to helping our patients derive the greatest value possible from their dental insurance. Our knowledgeable staff members regularly work with insurance companies, so we are familiar with many of the complex details of how different policies work. We want to put our expertise to work for you!
If you have coverage through BlueCross BlueShield, you can rely on us as a dentist in Massapequa Park who will help you optimize your benefits. As an in-network BCBS provider, we can verify your coverage, file your claims, answer your questions, and so much more. To learn more about how we work with your insurance or to schedule an appointment, contact us today. Our friendly team will go above and beyond expectations to assist you.
What Does It Mean to Be a BCBS Dentist?
BlueCross BlueShield is a nationwide insurance provider that offers a broad range of plans. Some plans are provided through employers’ human resource programs, while others are available for families and individuals to purchase on their own. Many of their policies are PPO in nature, which allow policyholders to visit any licensed dentist and receive care. As a BlueCross BlueShield dentist in Massapequa Park, we are familiar with many different policies from this company.
As an in-network provider for BCBS, we have a contract with them that controls pricing. It helps both patients and the insurance company to keep costs to a minimum. It also plays a role in ensuring that you always get the most out of your policy when you receive dental care.
What Dental Services Are Covered by BCBS Dental Insurance?
PPO plans from BCBS have varying levels of coverage. A typical policy might look something like this:
- Preventive care: Covered at 100%
- Minor restorative care: Covered at 70 – 80%
- Major treatments: Covered at 50%
- Orthodontics: May or may not be covered
- Cosmetic services: Not usually covered
Your policy may have many additional details as well. For example, there may be a waiting period before you are eligible to receive certain services. There is also likely to be an annual maximum, which is the most that BCBS will pay out for approved treatments within a calendar year. Additionally, many plans have a deductible that you must pay out of pocket before your insurance coverage kicks in.
Benefits of Visiting a BCBS Dentist
When you choose to visit a BCBS dentist, you can expect to receive numerous benefits:
- We understand BCBS coverage better than practices who are not in the insurance company’s network.
- We can help you get a firm understanding of the fees associated with your plan, as well as how it applies to your treatments.
- We can suggest strategies to help you get the most out of your annual maximum. For example, we may be able to schedule major treatments in a way that allows you to use two annual maximums rather than one.